Every day in June via the Facebook page for the Film Music and Soundtrack Production BA(Hons) at Colchester Institute, I will be posting a cryptic clue to a certain soundtrack cue. Your role is to decipher the clue and find the correct scene/soundtrack cue on YouTube and post it on Facebook as a reply to the clue.
This page is open to all with a passion for everything cinematic including TV, radio and video games – not just for the degree students, so please “like” the page and join in the fun!
I’ll post them here too for those without Facebook. Check back every day for the next clue, the previous answer and the Hall of Fame!
- Tom’s rodent friend, the metal worker, is chasing a safe top elephant so take your stinking paws off me! Highlight for answer: The Hunt from Planet of the Apes by Jerry Goldsmith
- 1.5 litres of champagne x 3.14, thematically speaking. Highlight for answer: The theme from Magnum, P.I.
- The Man Who Fell to Earth is searching for DNA whilst imprisoned on the Red Planet in 1973 but avoids an ‘Ed Butt. Highlight for answer: Life on Mars? (the song, not the theme tune) by David Bowie.
- When Albert is exterminated, you’re gonna be Back at 1.21am. Highlight for answer: Disintegrated Einstein from Back to the Future by Alan Silvestri
- One Spring theme for man, one atomic transition for an Irish author! Oh boy! Highlight for answer: Theme from Season 1 of Quantum Leap
- When boldly going out of the light you’d better listen for the capital. Highlight for answer: London Calling from Star Trek Into Darkness by Michael Giacchino
- A minor will Endeavour to break the code whilst listening to the main theme. Highlight for answer: Main Theme from Inspector Morse (Barrington Pheloung)
Archive: Week 2